TBS – Terminal Bersepadu Selatan Guide and Information
Since opening in 1st Jan 2011, the authority in Malaysia has restructured the express bus industry to gather all south-bound bus operators to depart from TBS. The main objective of this change is to alleviate the congestion in the heart of Kuala Lumpur centre by moving the express buses out from it. The six-storey terminal building consists of:
- Bus terminals at first floor
- Departure and Arrival platform at second floor
- Passenger lobby, ticketing counters and convenient shops at the concourse floor (or third floor)
- Restaurants and retail shops at fourth floor
- Parking area at fifth and sixth floor
After few years of operations in TBS, to certain extent, traffic at Kuala Lumpur centre has improved. And due to the fact that TBS is connected to the Bandar Tasik Selatan station, this enables better connectivity for travelers since the Bandar Tasik Selatan Station is a well-connected train station. Apart from the regular taxis, you can easily reach Bandar Tasik Selatan station by the Express Rail Link (ERL), Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM) and LRT, which spreads out to many different locations within the Kuala Lumpur city.
How to go/travel in budget from TBS to Kuala Lumpur city centre?
Though taxi connecting service is available at TBS to Kuala Lumpur centre, the fare is slightly on the high side to some groups of travellers. Alternate service is LRT service from TBS to Kuala Lumpur centre. Some may be afraid of taking LRT service because they are not familiar with the public transport in Kuala Lumpur especially change of LRT is required at certain stations.
Here are experience sharing and tips with pictures guide to go from TBS to Bandar Tasik Selatan LRT station
1) Upon arrival by bus to TBS arrival platform, please take escalator to go up.
2) At the end of escalator, you will end up at the pathway to enter TBS station
3) The first signboard you see after entering the TBS building will inform you that you are at Level 3 in TBS.
As you can see from the signboard, right turn to go to Transit station (It is referring to LRT station and KLIA transit train station)
4) After right turn, you will see a Point convenient shop on your right hand side. Turn right after the Point convenient shop (The shop in orange color on the right)
5) After the right turn, you will see the link bridge to LRT station and ERL train station (you can see Point convenient shop on your right hand side).
6) Walk to the end of the link bridge, you will see an elevator and a staircase going down. Both of them can lead you to level 2, where you can link to the ERL transit station, KTM station and LRT station.
7) Coming down from either elevator or staircase, you will see the signboard as below
The KLIA transit (ERL) leads KLIA airport, so just proceed to walk straight to take LRT
Note: LRT is under the management of RapidKL. So you need to recognize the sign for LRT service
8) At the end of this link bridge, you see another RapidKL sign. You’re almost at the LRT station.
9) Just make a slight turn and go straight, you can see the LRT control station, ticketing machine and signboard for KL LRT color code. This is Bandar Tasik Selatan LRT station.
9) Please buy ticket at ticketing machine. You can refer your wanted destination from this station map
“You are currently at Bandar Tasik Selatan LRT station (yellow line at bottom right).”
Go To Bukit Bintang: please transfer LRT service at station Hang Tuah (green line), then alight at Imbi or Bukit Bintang. Both stations are in Bukit Bintang area.
Go To Chinatown: Please alight at station Plaza Rakyat (yellow line). This station is right next to Chinatown.